1987年，德克萨斯州立法机构颁布了一项反欺辱法. The state law provides penal sanctions in the event of a conviction of hazing. 根据这个定律, individuals or organizations engaging in hazing could be subject to fines and charged with a criminal offense.
被欺侮 on the part of students, faculty or staff is strictly forbidden, whether on or off campus. Texas Woman’s University students are expected to be partners in fulfilling the mission of the University by creating and maintaining standards within student groups, teams and organizations that are conducive to personal growth and development. 如果学生团体, teams and organizations are to play an integral part in the University’s plan, they must set standards that encourage each individual to achieve his or her greatest potential. 被欺侮 is the antithesis of this goal because it results in diminishing an individual’s pride and self-esteem. The University will take disciplinary action against individuals and/or groups who are involved in hazing activities. Such disciplinary action may be taken independently of state or local prosecutorial actions.
州法律将欺辱定义为“任何故意的”, 知道或鲁莽的行为, 校外的:发生在教育机构校内或校外的, 由一个人单独或与他人一起行动, 为了宣誓而针对学生, 被接受, 加入到, 持有办公室, or maintaining membership in an organization whose members are or include students at an educational institution if the act:
- 有没有任何形式的身体虐待，比如鞭打, 打, 引人注目的, 品牌, 电子令人震惊, 在身体上放置有害物质, 或类似的活动;
- 是睡眠不足, 暴露在自然环境中, 被限制在狭小的空间里, 健美操, or other similar activity that subjects the student to an unreasonable risk of harm or that adversely affects the mental or physical health or safety of the student;
- 包括食物的消耗, 液体, 酒精饮料, 酒, 药物, or other substance which subjects the student to an unreasonable risk or harm or which adversely affects the mental or physical health or safety of the student;
- 有什么活动能诱导吗, causes or requires the student to perform a duty or task which involves a violation of the Penal Code.
- Involves coercing the student to consume a 药物 or an 酒精饮料 or 酒 in an amount that would lead a reasonable person to believe that the student is intoxicated.
- Solicits, encourages, directs, aids, or attempts to aid another in engaging in hazing
- Has firsthand knowledge of the planning of a specific hazing incident involving a student in an educational institution, or has firsthand knowledge that a specific hazing incident has occurred, and knowingly fails to report said knowledge in writing to 学生生活办公室, the 文明和社区标准办公室s or other appropriate entity or official of the institution
The law does not restrict the right of Texas Woman’s University to enforce its own rules against hazing, and the University will take disciplinary action for conduct that constitutes hazing regardless of whether public authorities prosecute students under the state hazing law.
因为在德州女子大学，欺凌是文化的诅咒, the expectations regarding student behavior and hazing exceed the expectations under state law. 鼓励学生熟悉 TWU被欺侮的政策.
The disciplinary actions assigned/determined in a particular case will vary dependent on the nature of the conduct involved, the circumstances and conditions that existed at the time and the results that followed such conduct.
- Bar against readmission or drop from current enrollment and bar against readmission
为了鼓励对欺辱事件的报道, the court may grant immunity from civil or criminal prosecution to any person reporting a specific hazing incident involving a student in an educational institution to the 文明和社区标准办公室s, 学生生活办公室, 或TWU其他适当官员. A person reporting their own act of hazing or reporting in bad faith or with malice is not protected by this section.
报告方: The University provides amnesty to Reporting Parties who may be hesitant to report incidents to University officials because they fear that they themselves may be accused of minor policy violations, 比如未成年人饮酒, 在事故发生的时候. Educational options may be explored, but no conduct proceedings or discipline will result.
给那些提供帮助的人:鼓励学生为他人提供帮助和帮助, University pursues a policy of amnesty for minor violations when students offer help to others in need. 由文明办公室主任决定 & 社区标准或指定的指定人, amnesty may also be extended on a case-by-case basis to the person receiving assistance. Educational options may be explored, but no conduct proceedings or discipline will result.
举报和/或目击严重违规行为者: 学生 who are engaged in minor violations but who choose to bring related serious violations by others to the attention of the University are offered amnesty for their minor violations. Educational options may be explored, but no conduct proceedings or record will result. Abuse of amnesty can result in a decision by the Director for the Office of 礼貌 & 社区标准不允许对同一人重复大赦.
按要求进行 德州教育代码, the following organization(s) have been disciplined for hazing and/or convicted for hazing as of the last three years when the sanction was complete.
Sigma Lambda Alpha姐妹会 - 点球,2月. 12, 2020
Placed on Disciplinary Probation due to hazing and non-hazing violations. Eligible to return to good standing, pending completion of sanctions, at the end of fall 2021.
Delta Sigma Theta姐妹会 - 罚金于2020年6月30日发出